Custom Wax Castings and Molds for CandlesThere are plenty of basic candle molds on the market, however if you are trying to create truly unique candle or wax mold designs, then ComposiMold is all you need. With ComposiMold mold making materials, you are able to make as many unique molds as you want.
Making a ComposiMold Mold:
Follow the basic instructions on our How it Works Page to make a mold with ComposiMold. The tips below will set you up for success when using wax as your casting material.
The Key to Creating Successful Wax Castings in a ComposiMold:
The key to creating wax castings in a ComposiMold is chilling the mold. You chill the mold in the freezer for a few hours prior to pouring the hot wax and after to cool the hot wax faster. The ComposiMold has a lower melting point than the wax, but because the wax cools at a faster rate than the ComposiMold heats, the ComposiMold will not melt.
1. Cool your ComposiMold in the freezer for a few hours.
2. Melt your wax per product instructions.
3. Remove Mold from the freezer.
4. Pour the melted wax into your unique wax mold to fill the mold. (If this cast is going to become a candle, at this step you will set up your wick to hang down into the mold.)
5. Cool the wax in the mold by placing in the refrigerator or freezer.
5. De-Mold by peeling the mold away from the wax as much as possible so you don't put a lot of pressure on the wax.
6. Enjoy your one of a kind custom wax castings and candles. Don't forget: When you have made all the wax casts that you want with one mold, it can be remelted to make other molds.
To view all ComposiMold products and accessories for wax casting go to our ComposiMold Order Page.