Create Your Own Soap CastingsWhy have rectangular shaped soap when you can have unique custom-made shapes? You could create your own special design for party and wedding favors, to inspire a child who hates tub-time, or to impress your family members during gift giving season! With ComposiMold, mold making materials, you can make soaps in all kinds of shapes. Try one shape and reuse the material to try another.
Making a ComposiMold Mold:
Follow the basic instructions on our How it Works Page to make a mold with ComposiMold. The tips below will set you up for success when using soap as your casting material.
The Key to Successful Soap Castings in a ComposiMold Mold:
The key to great soap casting in a ComposiMold is chilling the mold before and after pouring in the soap. The ComposiMold has a lower melting point than the soap so as long as the soap cools at a faster rate than the ComposiMold melts, your mold will remain strong and intact.
1. Cool your ComposiMold in the freezer for a few hours.
2. Melt your soap per instructions.
3. Remove Mold from the freezer.
4. Pour the soap into the molds and then place the mold and soap back into the freezer to cool.
5. Once the soap has cooled per product instructions, peel the mold away from the soap as much as possible so you do not put a lot of pressure on the soap.
6. Enjoy your one of a kind custom soap castings! Don't forget: When you have made all the soap casts that you want with one mold, it can be remelted to make other molds.
To view all ComposiMold products and accessories for soap casting go to our ComposiMold Order Page.