Reusable Mold Making for Plastic CastingsMelt, Mold, and Remelt. Easy and effective plastic mold making material.
Easily turn any original creation into a very professional looking cast with plastic casting materials. In a ComposiMold mold you can easily cast resins such as urethane, epoxy, or polyester. Plastic urethane casting materials such as ComposiCast, ProtoCast, and other Urethane Casting Materials can be used to make your own plastic parts.
Making a ComposiMold:
Follow the basic instructions on our How it Works Page to make a mold with ComposiMold. The tips below will set you up for success when using plastics such as urethane, epoxy, or polyester to make your castings.
Steps to Creating Successful Plastic Castings in a ComposiMold mold:
With ComposiMold, making molds and plastic castings is very easy. Follow the steps below to learn how.
1. Prepare your original part. Apply a mold release and place it into a container that can withstand the heat of the melted ComposiMold.
2. Melt the ComposiMold.
3. Pour the ComposiMold over your original and let it solidify.
4. Separate the original from the ComposiMold mold.
5. Apply a mold release to the ComposiMold mold.
6. Mix your resin, if using ComposiCast Urethane Resin, mix in equal parts by weight or volume.
7. Pour the resin into your ComposiMold Mold. (Note: Larger parts can be cast by cooling the ComposiMold in the refrigerator or freezer prior to pouring in the resin.)
8. Try to wait patiently as it cures.
9. Separate your cast part from the ComposiMold mold and admire your work.
More information about applying Mold Release to your Model:
Applying a mold release (or release agent) will allow your model to be easily separated from the ComposiMold. Applying a mold release to the mold before casting will also minimizes wear and tear on the mold. This is important if you are using the mold to make many reproductions.
You can also start with our ComposiMold Urethane Starter Kit.
The urethane starter kit comes with everything you need to start making your own cool plastic castings. Learn more about the Starter Kits Here.
Order your Reusable Plastic Casting Flexible Mold Making Material Here.